Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon began its annual refurbishments in December of 2016, and has since renovated many of the areas that make up the water park. It has already debuted a new attraction, Miss Adventure Falls, and the additions don’t end there. Here is a rundown of some of the improvements you can expect to see upon your next visit:
- The Surf Pool has been resurfaced, new pumps have been added to ensure safety and wave quality.
- Castaway Creek saw the renovation of two lifeguard stations to improve safety. The creek itself has been painted and resurfaced.
- New “DirectOARies” have been added. Themed signage will provide guests with additional information to help guests navigate the park.
- New in-park maps will be present throughout the park. Guests will not be reliant on paper maps or mobile devices for navigation.
- The main park entry has a new sign, and wood-workings were rebuilt and painted.
- Shades and Fans have been added to the queue for Keelhaul Falls.
- Fans and misters have been added to Palms Dining.
- New technology will allow screens on the self-serve locker rental kiosks to only be visible within a limited line of sight.
- High N Dry rentals have been upgraded to let guests purchase cool beverages. Guests can rent “Clamshell Beds”, including a beach and drink table, near the Super Cabana by Crush N Gusher.
- The Crush N Gusher will now be open after dark, thanks to the installation of new lighting.
Source: Orlando Theme Park News
Image:© 2017 Walt Disney World Resort. All Rights Reserved.