Disney Travel Agent
  • Pending Fox Board Meeting Decision Disney Will Likely Boost Offer with Cash

    The battle between Disney and Comcast over Twenty-First Century Fox continues. According to CNBC, in response to Comcast’s recent $65 billion cash offer, Disney is expected to proceed with plans to raise their all-stock offer with cash in hopes of securing the bid. This Wednesday Fox board members will decide on whether they want to move […]

  • Fox Board to Consider Comcast Offer During Wednesday Meeting

    21st Century Fox board members will discuss the recent $65 billion Comcast bid for their assets at a regularly scheduled meeting next week, according to Bloomberg sources. Comcast put forth the bid on June 13th, one day after a federal judge approved AT&T’s acquisition of Time Warner. Fox owner Rupert Murdoch had chosen the $52.4 […]

  • Comcast Makes $65 Billion Bid for Fox to Undermine Disney Deal

    As was expected, given yesterday’s approval by a federal judge of AT&T’s acquisition of Time Warner, Comcast has just placed a $65 billion all-cash bid on 21st Century Fox assets, approximately 19% higher than The Walt Disney Company’s current $52 billion deal with the company. Prior to the December 2017 joint announcement by Disney and […]

  • Judge Approves AT&T/Time Warner Deal, Comcast Bid for Fox Likely to Follow

    A federal judge has ruled today that AT&T’s $85 billion acquisition of Time Warner may proceed without conditions, according to Reuters. This ruling will not only have significant implications for the future of major technology and media providers, but may directly influence The Walt Disney Company’s acquisition of 21st Century Fox assets, as a larger […]

  • Comcast Confirms Plans of All Cash Offer to Outbid Disney for Fox

    Earlier this month, we reported Comcast’s intention to outbid Disney for Fox, but now, Comcast is reportedly in advanced stages of preparing their cash offer. According to Bloomberg, Comcast has now confirmed that it “may make an offer for the entertainment assets that 21st Century Fox has agreed to sell to Walt Disney Co.” in […]

  • Comcast Has Intentions of Throwing a $60 Billion All-Cash Offer for Fox

    Back in February, we reported that Comcast could outbid Disney for Fox. According to many sources this morning, Comcast is now in the process of preparing a $60 billion all-cash bid to knock Disney out of the running on its deal to acquire most of Twenty-First Century Fox’s assets as long as the U.S. government […]

  • Comcast Bids $30 Billion for Sky, Will Disney Counter-Bid?

    Comcast has put in a formal all-cash bid of $30 billion for Sky, the pan-European media network. This bid by Comcast is 16 percent more than what 21st Century Fox bid in late-February. The Walt Disney Company is intertwined in all of this because last December they announced they were in the process of acquiring […]

  • Comcast Pushing Disney for a Bidding War Over Sky

    In December of 2016, Twenty-First Century Fox offered $25.8 billion for a 61 percent stake of Sky, a European broadcasting network in which they already owned the remaining 39 percent. That deal has not yet been completed, pending government review. Since then, The Walt Disney Company announced that they would acquire Twenty-First Century Fox, including […]

  • Could Comcast Outbid Disney for Fox?

    In a CNBC article today regarding the status of an acquisition of Time Warner by AT&T, the network speculated that should that purchase be approved by regulators, it would leave the door open for other potential “big media” buyouts, including Comcast attempting to thwart The Walt Disney Company’s purchase of 21st Century Fox. CNBC, which […]